Contract Manager Requirements, Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Engineering (Civil), Quantity Survey or equivalent.
- At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Manager specialized in Engineering – Contracts / Civil / Construction / Structural / Architectural or equivalent.
- Required attitude / personality: Responsible, Proactive, Dedicated, Problem-solving, Able to meet deadline, Leadership, Good Team Player, Independent, Disciplined, Punctual & High self-expectation.
- Lead team of QS.
- Oversee and guide the team on quantity taking offs, estimation, prepare tender submission, cost planning, sourcing of sub-contractors, and forecast budgeting
- Responsible for analyzing the bid price for the Management.
- Lead the team on establishing a list of prequalified bidders for comparison, conduct cost analysis, negotiation, and awarding of contracts to sub-contractors.
- Ensure contract awarding functions are carried out in a highly ethical manner and all decisions are made on objective and defendable grounds.
- Develop and implement policy and procedures for contract management and administration.
- Administer Indemnity/ Warranty and other contractual obligations.
- Review and interpret contract documents periodically or when necessary with recommendations.
- Responsible and lead the team on preparation of monthly progress claim.
- Responsible and lead the team on evaluation and preparation of sub-contractors’ claims and issuance of payment response within stipulated timeframe (SOP Act).
- Liaise with Consultants and Architect for monthly progress claim and finalization of accounts.
- Ensure proper documentation of additional works, alterations or design changes, and lead the team in preparing variation orders.
- Advise and administer Extension of Time claim.
- Strong knowledge in construction details, contract management, drawings, and Singapore construction practices.
- Implement and review cost control measure to achieve higher profitability.
- Implement a proper Document Management System and effective filing system.
- Coordinate jobs with team members, allocates tasks and provide effective supervision.
- Motivate team members on an ongoing basis to ensure good team work and enhancement of team spirit.
- Develop good professional relationships with supplier, vendor, sub-contractors, client, consultants, and architects.
- Ensure Company’s QEOHS System is complied with.